Thursday 16 February 2012

Crema Catalana with Star Anise

I've said several times that the Catalan cream is one of my favorite desserts. I told myself to try it right away, the touch of star anise as I thought it had to be great and I could confirm. Hope you like.

Crema Catalana with Star Anise

Ingredients:
800 grams of milk
7 egg yolks
45 grams of cornstarch
200 grams of sugar
The skin of a lemon
2 seeds of star anise
For completion:
Sugar for dusting


Instructions:

Beat the yolks with the sugar and cornstarch until it is all very well blended. Meanwhile we will infuse the milk with the lemon peel, star anise seeds and let stand a few minutes to take the taste. We removed the lemon peel and anise seeds

Then again, heat the milk but do not let boil. Add the yolk mixture with sugar and cornstarch and we will remove slowly until we see that thickens and obtain a cream. Fill containers and reserve in refrigerator.

Before eating sprinkle with sugar and burn with a blowtorch or other means that we have

No comments:

Post a Comment